NATIONAL FLOOD FORECASTING AND WARNING CENTRE
- Provide real-time hydrological monitoring services throughout Malaysia to the public.
- Provide flood forecast and warning services in preparation for flooding to the relevant agencies.
- Carry out flood forecasting and warning operations in line with the needs of flood disaster management agencies and the general public.
- Develop, upgrade and maintain flood forecast and warning systems covering equipment, modelling, ICT infrastructure and announcement systems.
- Carry out public awareness activities related to flood forecasting and warning as well as evaluate its effectiveness.
- Provide forecasts and warnings of monsoon floods as early as two (2) days in the river basin where forecast models have been completed subject to meteorological data to agencies related to flood disasters.
- Prepare Current Flood Report, within 24 hours of the first working day after the flood.
National Flood Forecasting and Warning Centre
Department of Irrigation and Drainage Malaysia